Website Rockpool Residential Aged Care
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of accountability, compassion, trust, integrity and innovation to provide quality care and services to our residents.
People are at the heart of what we do, and each team member has been carefully selected based on their passion and desire to make a difference in aged care. We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional, committed, caring and compassionate team member for the role of Clinical Facilitator.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- Current registration with APHRA
- A graduate certificate or greater within a relevant specialty area is highly desirable
- Extensive experience working in aged care or health;
- Knowledge and experience in continuous, quality improvement;
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and associated requirements;
- Demonstrated people management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals within set time frames;
- Strong attention to detail;
- High level computer literacy;
- High level written and verbal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to use own initiative and to be innovative;
- Capacity to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate outcomes of education and training strategies.
- Evidence of vaccination, or be able to be vaccinated against and remain vaccinated against – Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B, Influenza and COVID 19
- Ability to work across 7-days a week, morning and afternoon shifts as required
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the Facility Manager, contributing educational leadership to build capacity and foster a culture of learning and develop / review teaching and learning resources.
- Participate in the professional development of newly graduated registered nurses and the development of staff within Rockpool facility.
- Support the aged care workers across the Rockpool facility to provide education-based programs.
- Maintain and role model advanced resident focused, evidence-based care and education.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Manager to review, monitor and evaluate clinical practice standards.
- Support the development of clinical specialty knowledge, skills and judgement in team members through direct and indirect supervision.
- Maintain effective data and reporting systems relating to training, professional skill set development, clinical skill assessments and the facilitation of new staff.
- Facilitate strategies to engender staff engagement with consumers in shared decision making relevant to the resident’s care and health literacy.
- Inspire colleagues and develop staff by acting as a positive role model and advisor to contemporaneous best practice standards.
- Support processes for onboarding and ongoing training and learning of staff employed to Rockpool facility.
- Support the development, implementation and review of education and training resources.
- Facilitate in-service programs at work unit level from a clinical, professional and organisational perspective.
- Participate/chair relevant meetings.
- Work with the team in all departments to achieve and maintain Accreditation status;
- Ensure own professional development and skills are maintained;
- Any other requirements which may be reviewed and changed from time to time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.