Website Rockpool Residential Aged Care
We are a value-driven organisation that encompasses the values of accountability, compassion, trust, integrity and innovation to provide quality care and services to our residents.
People are at the heart of what we do, and each team member has been carefully selected based on their passion and desire to make a difference in aged care. We are looking for an enthusiastic, professional, committed, caring and compassionate team member for the role of Quality & Safety Coordinator.
- Bachelor of Nursing (preferable but not essential)
- Current registration with APHRA (if relevant)
- Qualification and/or extensive experience relevant to auditing and quality improvement
- Qualification and/or extensive experience relevant to work, health and safety.
- Extensive experience working in aged care or health;
- Knowledge and experience in continuous, quality improvement;
- Knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards and associated requirements;
- Knowledge and experience in work, health and safety;
- Demonstrated people management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals within set time frames;
- Strong attention to detail;
- High level computer literacy;
- High level written and verbal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to use own initiative and to be innovative;
- Capacity to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate outcomes of quality projects.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor compliance, care and service delivery through internal monitoring processes;
- Ensure audits and surveys are completed according to the organisation’s auditing schedule and corrective actions are implemented in collaboration with department managers;
- Maintain and update the home’s Plan for Continuous Improvement monthly and as required;
- Regularly monitor and report feedback, incidents, hazards and identified risks at the home;
- Maintain the electronic incident, hazard and feedback register in consultation with the Executive Manager;
- Coordinate regular work, health and safety checks at the home and work closely with department managers to ensure Identified hazards are actioned and rectified;
- Communicate Occupational Health and Safety updates to relevant personnel;
- Support the development, implementation and review of policies, procedures and processes relevant to quality, health and safety at the home;
- Assist in the coordination of quality improvement initiatives and projects in collaboration with the Executive Manager Quality, Compliance and Innovation;
- Participate/chair relevant meetings (e.g. quality / work, health & Safety);
- Work with the team in all departments to achieve and maintain Accreditation status;
- Ensure own professional development and skills are maintained;
- Any other requirements which may be reviewed and changed from time to time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.