Nurturing and enhancing our residents connection to family and friends allows them to live happier, more fulfilling lives.
Staying in Touch
From easy to use interactive TV’s that allow residents to video call family & friends, to electric car charging stations for visitors and staff and robots to push trolleys & deliver food – the centre features the latest technology.
Loretta Creevey- General Manager
Giving staff more time to care
Each of our staff members has been carefully selected based on their passion and desire to care. Wherever possible we’ve used technology to reduce the burden of meaningless, mundane tasks, so they have more time to spend with residents and their loved ones – getting to know them, having a laugh and providing friendship and company.
- reducing the administrative burden through biometric access system that gives secure access and logs staff and visitor times.
- robots that deliver food to dining rooms, fresh linen to each wing, collect and return used trolleys and waste and refuse each evening.
- computerised data systems for resident care, hospitality, financial functions, human resource management, asset management, communication and more…
Nurturing the connection
with loved ones
Easy to use, interactive smart TV’s help our residents to stay connected to the people that matter. Simple video calling functionality makes it possible to literally say good morning and good night to loved ones, each and every day.
While family members can share photos or videos directly to their screen from their smart phone. And after hours visits are made all the easier through biometric access readers that grant access to those with the appropriate permissions.
Helping, supporting and guiding resident’s families through the aged care journey is an integral part of what we do. Aged Care is as much about the resident as it is the family
Patrick Staunton – Director
Providing greater comfort and care
Each room is fitted with a state of the art ‘distress’ or ‘nurse call’ system conveniently positioned by the bed and in the bathroom. When pressed it alerts every single medical staff member. Residents who are highly falls susceptible are also provided with a permanent pendant, to ensure help is there when it is needed
- Free to air television, live streaming Netflix & Foxtel (by request)
- Daily activity bulletin board
- Daily menu selections
- Internet communications – including video and VOIP calls
The centre was carefully designed to minimise our impact on the environment while ensuring continuity of energy supply. While the architectural and landscape design aids energy efficiency, we have invested in a number of other energy efficiency features including:
- A huge array of solar voltaic cells
- Solar water heating
- Super-efficient climate control systems
- Rainwater harvesting and retention for re-use on gardens
- Heat exchange and reticulation in the laundry and kitchen
- Electricity load normalisation technology to minimise spikes
- Electric vehicle charging stations.
Explore Rockpool Morayfield
Book a tour
The flagship Rockpool Morayfield is now open and accepting residents. Register your interest to inspect our remarkable home.